Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Elder Brock in Jardinópolis

Elder Brock has now been on his mission for 5 months. Last month he finished his training and became a trainer.  His new companion is Elder Coreia and he is from the city São Paulo.
From his most recent letter:  "So the language is also to the point where I can say anything I want, but I just work on my accent.  It's really fun talking and thinking in another language.  We are having amazing success here is good old Jardinopolis.  The church is true.  God hears our prayers.  He loves us and gives us challenges and trials in order to help us grow.  I'm thankful for this opportunity to learn and grow.  I love my mission.  It's tough, but I know I'm being prepared for life and what will come after.  I am learning humility and gratitude more than anything on my mission.  I have been so blessed.  I have a family who loves me, helps and supports me in all that I do.  I have a home that is safe.  I have the gospel of Jesus Christ to help guide me through all of my problems.  I have the Atonement of Jesus Christ to use when I mess up.  A mission is hard--not because of walking, not because of the language, not because of missing my family, but because I have to see these members and investigators I love endure such difficult trials and there is not much I can do to help.  There are some things I can do--I can explain to them why we have trials, why we need them to grow.  How we can conquer these trials with the Atonement.  And most importantly that God loves them!"

Elder Brock & Elder Sarmando

Elder Correia & Elder Brock

Elder Brock and "Friend"

Elder Brock and the beautiful Brazilian countryside 

Elder Correia & Elder Brock

Elder Brock and "Toucan Sam"

No comments:

Post a Comment